[IRCServices Coding] Confused.....

Dooley dooley at risanet.com
Wed Nov 26 09:23:30 PST 2003

Confusion is setting in and I am hoping to get clarification so I have a few questions.

According to the webpage the latest version of services is 5.0.23 which is what I see on fftp.ircservices.za.net yet on ftp.esper.net the current version is 5.0.25. Which is the correct current version?

When playing around with a new download of the 5.0.25 and running in conjunction with Bahamut I get the following on a operserv restart:

[Nov 26 11:04:45.527125 2003] Services terminating: Segmentation fault
ircservices in free(): error: junk pointer, too high to make sense
[Nov 26 11:04:45.527688 2003] FATAL: Caught signal 6 (Abort trap) while shutting down

This occurs right after the SQUIT is sent. I have tried versions bahamut-1.4.33-release.tar.gz through bahamut-1.4.35-release.tar.gz and get the same error and there is no core file to review...ideas?

I then decided that I would walk through things one at a time downloaded a fresh 23 version then tried it again worked fine. Patched to version 24 and tried it and it too worked fine after fixing the configure script. I then proceeded to patch up to 25 and wham I ran into the error again. I didn't see anything in the Changes file that jumps out at me that could cause this problem and was wondering if there is something I am missing?

Thanks In Advance.
Chris Riley

---