[IRCServices Coding] Help with ircservices.conf

karmali at psurge.com karmali at psurge.com
Sun Feb 22 06:38:49 PST 2004

Is it possible that trying to run tr-ircd and ircservices on the same box
is giving me this issue? I've tried everything and it's giving me the
invalid servname error every time. (I even went so far as to put 127.0.0.1
in every field asking for a host/server name)

here's my ircd.conf connect section minus passwords.

connect {
        name = "www.gs4groups.com";
        host = "www.gs4groups.com";
        send_password = "";
        accept_password = "";
        encrypted = yes;
        compressed = no;
        autoconnect = no;
        ishub = no;
        aftype = ipv4;
        port = 6668;
        ultimate = no;
};

And this is my ircservices.conf stuff. Minus all the non connection related
stuff which is just at defaults right no anyways.

RemoteServer      127.0.0.1 6668 ""

LocalAddress      www.gs4groups.com

ServerName  "www.gs4groups.com

ServerDesc      "Services for IRC Networks"

ServiceUser     "blah at gs4groups.com"

With remoteserver I've tried both the hostname www.gs4groups.com as well as
it's IP in dns. I wanted to see if I could get this running on the same
machine first, and if that just keeps failing or is not possible. I will
attempt to run services from another host.