[IRCServices Coding] ChanServ suggestion

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Wed Apr 14 10:10:06 PDT 2004

>Andrew I was wondering if it would be possible to make chanserv
>+v/h/o/a/q/etc a registered nick as soon as they are added to the access
>list, so the user doesn't have to rejoin the channel or re-identify for the
>change to take effect? And then obviously when the nick is removed from the
>channel's access list, the same applies with -v/h/o/a/q/etc...

     As Craig mentioned, this has been brought up before, and I haven't
implemented it because IMO it's not worth the complexity.  Yes, it's not a
difficult change to make, but it also adds yet another privilege escalation
path, and yet another potential place for bugs to crop up.  It's not worth
it for a one-off event such as this.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/