[IRCServices Coding] Past Chat showing method.

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Tue Aug 3 13:54:43 PDT 2004

>I want to know the showing method automatically
>a past conversation the user who entered the channel lately.
>
>My UnrealIRC or IRCservice record all log of conversation.
>and show user who entered the channel lately like MOTD.

     This is something that would have to be done at the IRC server level
for practical reasons: for Services to keep track of recent conversation in
a channel, it would have to keep a client in the channel, which would
drastically increase the amount of information Services needs to process.
(Keeping a client in the channel would also likely be considered intrusive
by many users.)

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/