[IRCServices Coding] Chanserv & memoserv suggestion

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Thu Aug 19 23:33:03 PDT 2004

>Well as i see it more clearly now i think it should be
>an automatic function. In every access modification
>(i.e. add, del) the list should be reordered right
>afterwards automatically. The same thing should happen
>with memoserv.

     For the reasons I've already stated I won't do this.  It fascinates me
how people can completely ignore the content of messages they quote in
their entirety.

>Now as Chris says maybee the list could be reordered
>during the save, restart or update phase.

     I'm considering reordering on database load as a possibility.
Reordering on save/update (which are one and the same) is not viable for
the same reasons reordering after commands is not viable.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/