[IRCServices Coding] Debian packages

Tim Retout tim at retout.co.uk
Fri May 18 01:58:01 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 01:23 +0000, Andrew Church wrote:
> >I have filed an ITP: http://bugs.debian.org/424844
> >
> >It would be nice to update support for ircd-irc2 and ircd-ircu, both of
> >which appear to use newer server protocols these days.
>
>      I'll take a look and see if it's feasible (my recollection at least
> as far as ircu is concerned is that P10 was missing some critical features
> that made it incompatible with Services) Do you know where documentation
> on the protocols used by these servers can be found?

For ircu, there's:
http://web.mit.edu/klmitch/Sipb/devel/src/ircu2.10.11/doc/p10.html

ircnet's appears to have docs in the tarball:
ftp://ftp.irc.org/irc/server/irc2.11.1p1.tgz

I'll see what I can do to help with these. Meanwhile, I'll just make a
package, since I need one.

There's also been a request that I use a different name for the package,
as 'ircservices' is 'very generic'. I'm not sure what you think about
that.

--
Tim Retout <tim at retout.co.uk>