[IRCServices] Recommendations

Pinto, Joao Luis (J.) jpinto9 at visteon.com
Thu Sep 9 00:32:16 PDT 1999

I started using Andy Church Services v4.2.2 with Elite ircd 2.0 beta 15,
Elite ircd beta 15 is very buggy so I had to get my hands on it and fixe all
the bugs (I noticed) and inserted some new featues specially dedicated to
work with services, in the other side I had to improve Services to take
advantage of some features of Elite ircd like chanmode +a.
I am running running my ircd/services on a small network with an average of
10 servers and 70 users since May of this year and they have been pretty
stable.
You can download PTlink(the network name) ircd and Services from
http:/www.ptlink.net/Coders/index.html.
Andy Church services are compatible with PTlink ircd, however PTlink
services dont have support for other ircd, because they some features
strongly dependent on the PTlink ircd.
I sent a mail to Andy about my services, I did'nt got a reply so once I am
respecting GPL I think there is no problem.

About the error:
> 442 ChanServ #channel :You're not on that channel
I dont rember where was the problem, but I fixed it :)

> I would like to hear everyone's recommendations on a good ircd to
> use. I would like one that is known to work well with Andy's services, or
> set of services that I can import the current DB files into. A requirement
> of the ircd is that it partially hides hostnames.
R: PTlink ircd and PTlink services do :)

Another thing I like about Elite is that if you ban someone that is in the
channel and you don't kick them, they are muted. Perhaps that is standard
for all ircds, I don't know.
R: Yup

João Luís Marques Pinto
PTlink Tech - Lamego at PTlink.net
http://www.PTlink.net

P.S: This ML is a bit lagged, my last mail took about 24 hours to reach.