[IRCServices] Automatic KILLCLONES support?

&quot &quot
Sun Dec 17 12:44:29 PST 2000

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Scott Seufert wrote:

> So if the person is back, then they would be from a different host to evade
> an akill. In which Services should akill them if they try to clone flood
> again. Which is what KILLCLONES was doing.

Or worse, he and a bunch of his cohorts decide to do it from different
hosts... simultaneously.  :P

That alone probably more my concern than anything.  You have people from
multiple sources come on, your priority instantly shifts from keeping the
clones off to keeping Services and/or the network usable.  This is
especially true in case those clones try to flood Services, dragging them
to a crawl.

--Ian R. Justman, Co-Founder and Postmaster, The EsperNet IRC Network.

-----
Ian R. Justman (NIC handle IJ12)  ianj at esper.net (Official EsperNet business)
Co-Founder and Postmaster, The EsperNet IRC Network
Server Administrator, chocobo.esper.net "IJ" on IRC

PGP key available upon request, or finger ianj at esper.net.

If this message was signed with the Postmaster's key, please finger
postmaster at esper.net for the Postmaster public key.

Type Bits/KeyID    Date       User ID
pub  1024/BAB34B69 1997/11/15 EsperNet Postmaster <postmaster at esper.net>
            Key fingerprint = 05 BD 7C B5 8E 0B FD EF  EE 47 49 C4 96 11 59 75