[IRCServices] Settings for nicks in nickserv.c

Johan Yves August Grasmo johanyg at ifi.uio.no
Mon May 21 17:30:05 PDT 2001

Good evening,

I've almost succeeded (I think), in implementing
mysql-support in the services. The only things it does now
is importing nick-info and channel-info from a
mysql-database (where the information is registered over
web).
However I seem to have a few problems when setting
channel-permissions for the imported nicks. I think this is
because I don't set the correct values for each nick.

I've set the flags correctly for each nick/channel, but when
I set the accesslevel for a nick to -2 (nojoin), the nick is
still able to join the channel. Has this something to do
with the following code ? :
[snip]
		    if (ni->accesscount) {
		      char **access;
			access = smalloc(sizeof(char *) * ni->accesscount);
			ni->access = access;
			for (j = 0; j < ni->accesscount; j++, access++) {
			    SAFE(read_string(access, f));
			}
		    }
[/snip]
I think this routine sets the mask or something to the nick,
or am I barking up the wrong tree with this one ?

I cannot set the usermask to the user since all nicks are
read from the db (it doesn't save yet), or has this nothing
to do with my problems ?

I hope someone can help me out here; I'm not too far away I
think.

Btw. Is there some (extensive) documentation for the
services anywhere ?

Sincerely,
Johan Grasmo