[IRCServices Coding] RAW question

Russell Garrett rg at tcslon.com
Thu May 30 07:45:22 PDT 2002

> Hi. We havent upgraded to the newer services yet as we are
> going to
> wait until a leter beta. Also im just new to these services in
> general. Im only trying to gather some information for when we do
> upgrade. It is my understanding that to become a super
> user you must
> switch to the certain nick that is defind and then enter the
> password. We want the two head admins to be able to use
> raw commands.
> Is it possible to add two nicks? We basically want to be
> able to have
> two super users. Or am I totally wrong about how that works?

I originally thought that as well, but if you are the services root
specified in the config file, you automatically have access to root
commands once you're identified and opered. Other identified and
opered Services Admins can obtain root privileges by using the SU
command and the password.

Russ Garrett
russ at garrett.co.uk
www.faereal.net