[IRCServices Coding] Little bugs & Questions

Romek Krisztian r-krisztian at softhome.net
Thu May 30 08:45:13 PDT 2002

Hello!

These are little bugs or not, they're not serious but I'ld be happy to
see them or some of them corrected because some users use the keyboard
in a very stupid way. :)))

1. Two problems where somebody inserts more than one space after or
before a command:

"<AngryWolf> help set "
-NickServ- No help available for set .

"<AngryWolf> help set    email"
-NickServ- No help available for set    email.

In some ways, more than one space is ignored:

<AngryWolf> help        set email
-NickServ- Syntax: SET EMAIL address

<AngryWolf> set language      1
-NickServ- Language changed to English.

3. In this example, I mean it would be better to filter some formatting
characters:

<AngryWolf> help set
-NickServ- Unknown command help.  Type /msg NickServ HELP for help.

5. What about giving more than one word for passwords?

<AngryWolf> set password first second
-NickServ- Password changed to first.

6. Giving URLs

<AngryWolf> set url sdf://sdf.d:3425/
-NickServ- URLs must be in the form http://hostname[:port]/... (or ftp://, etc.).

This is the same when I try ChanServ.

7. Timezone problems

<AngryWolf> set timezone +1:3
-NickServ- The current time in this time zone is ...
<AngryWolf> set timezone +2:6
-NickServ- Syntax: SET TIMEZONE {UTC-offset | time-zone | DEFAULT}

It's the same when i try 7, 8, 9 instead of 6.

8. Syntax help

<AngryWolf> help unset
-NickServ- Syntax: UNSET {URL | INFO}
<AngryWolf> unset
-NickServ- Syntax: UNSET URL

<AngryWolf> list
-NickServ- Syntax: LISTEMAIL pattern [FORBIDDEN] [NOEXPIRE] [SUSPENDED] [NOAUTH]

9. list and listemail doesn't check if i say something else than
FORBIDDEN, NOEXPIRE, SUSPENDED or NOAUTH

<AngryWolf> list * for bidden
-NickServ- List of entries matching *:
(...)
-NickServ- End of list; 50/74 matches shown.

10. MLOCK problem

I don't know whether it's a bug, but it's interesting:

<AngryWolf> set #arena mlock +nt-ikOAN+k
-ChanServ- Parameter required for MLOCK +k.
<AngryWolf> set #arena mlock +nt-ikOAN+k something
-ChanServ- Mode lock on channel #arena changed to +ntk-iOAN.

11. Is there a way to clear entrymsg?

12. I can send a memo for myself, is it okey?

Thats all for now. :)