[IRCServices] Some help on cooding

Andrew Church achurch at dragonfire.net
Sat Nov 13 12:09:14 PST 1999

> i dontknow if this is oftopyc, but the nickserv release and ghost seems a
>quiteanoying to me, you have to use 3 comands to getyour nick back
>/m nickserv release (nick) (pass)
>/nick nick
>/mnickserv identify (pass)

     Aside from the fact that it doesn't work with supported servers, as
Andrew Kempe mentioned, this makes it impossible to _not_ change your nick
when you use RELEASE.  Granted, there probably aren't many cases where you
wouldn't want to, but if it's really such a pain to type "/nick nick",
write an alias in your client, don't try to do it in Services.  (I do agree
that using a password with RELEASE should identify you for that nick.)

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at dragonfire.net
    http://achurch.dragonfire.net/