[IRCServices] Some help on cooding

Pinto, Joao Luis (J.) jpinto9 at visteon.com
Mon Nov 15 01:45:35 PST 1999

Does not work with supported servers ???
I thaugth services were supporting +r mode change and nick protection with
change to GuestXXXX,
If I am not wrong to be able to do this you need SVSMODE and SVSNICK.
>I have tried this  also but the problem is if user is on a laged server,
the
>SVSNICK  will have some delay, and note, you send the svsmode, or svs2mode
just
>after SVSNICK, so the User nick have not changed yet and ircd replyes a
user
>not found
Humm :), all communications between serves follow the same path, this means
if you send SVSNICK folowed byt SVSMODE, SVSNICK will alaways arrive first,
just after making the nick change the ircd will process the SVSMODE, the
problem can be if the user changes his nick, before the SVSNICK or SVSMODE
arrives to his server, in the first case, SVSNICK will not change their nick
because it will not found the source nick when the message arrives to the
nick server, the same fault will happen SVSMODE.
Remember that this typle of problem also allows to gain voice on any empty
registered channelwith current services, byt just using an alias that JOIN
#Channel, and MODE #Channel +v yourick, services will only remove your op
after you had voiced yourself. So, voices/bans/topic changes can be "hacked"
on empty channels due to this syncronization problem, like someone said
before on this ML, this problem can only be fixed by some integration
between ircd/services.

P.S.:
Since I dont have this problem on my network this is just a theory.