[IRCServices] Some help on cooding

Andrew Kempe andrewk at icon.co.za
Mon Nov 15 03:25:03 PST 1999

The problem is that no one seems to understand how SVSNICK works. SVSNICK
does *not* change a user's nickname is *not* propogated to all servers.

A SVSNICK command is sent to the server the client is using. That server
then issues a NICK change and propogates the NICK command to ALL servers.
Thus, you can't send modes for the new nickname because that nickname does
not yet exist (the NICK command has not yet propogated back down the chain
of servers).

If you really wanted to do something like this, send the SVSMODE before the
SVSNICK.

As for all the other stuff about hacking channels and modes and stuff, I
don't understand it well enough to be able to comment.

Andrew

[snip]