[IRCServices] ChanServ KICK command(?)

Kevin lebleu at prefer.net
Fri Dec 24 10:15:50 PST 1999

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999 BeenJaminG at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/22/99 10:27:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> Admin at fuelie.net writes:
>
> > AS I SAID WEBTV webtv has no client commands so they need to use
> > services to control their channel thinking of them i think the
> > addition is a good idea

> I hope they have /quote..
> As for everyone else, I don't think CS kick is really a needed
> command. I guess if KICK was added, there would be a new
> access level to allow use of the kick command?
> Keep in mind /kick by itself isn't that effective- and then
> people would be asking for a ChanServ BAN command.

ChanServ BAN command already exists.  It's called AKICK.  I've always
found it odd that ChanServ didn't have a KICK command... it's a fairly
simple thing to add, so perhaps a better question should be: what would it
*hurt* to add a KICK command?  The kick command should append the nick in
()s or something to the kick message, so it can't be used for anonymous
kicks.  Given that, what is the downside to adding a KICK command?

My 2 cents,
            Kevin

--
PaganPaths IRC Network - irc.paganpaths.org - http://www.paganpaths.org/