AW: [IRCServices] ACCESS and *OP

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat May 13 11:56:43 PDT 2000

Hello;

I also wanted to tell my personal opinion about this topic,
for it is still being discussed.

On those IRC Networks, I got used to chat, people are heavily used to use
ACCESS
as a command, rather than *OP. Helping to manage some sorts of #help
channels, I can
even say, that, there are very seldom, users that want to get an
explaination, why they
have to use ACCESS, for they were used to use *OP.

In order to keep consistency with the access levels, those commands might be
added as
alias commands, ( VOP corresponds to autovoice level, AOP to autoop level,
and SOP to the highest one between acc-change and akick level ) I do not see
any positive aspect in changing the whole system to *OP.

Though haven't said new things,
I just wanted to share my point of view.

sincerely yours,
yusuf

Yusuf Iskenderoglu
eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de