[IRCServices] Another Suggesstion

Andrew Kempe andrewk at icon.co.za
Wed Jul 19 01:52:42 PDT 2000

Ok, this is in reply to all the posts :)

o Linked nicks:

I can add a WHY command to ChanServ so that you can see why a person has
access to the channel (and maybe what access they have). The command would
go something like:

/msg chanserv why #chan joe

-ChanServ- Joe has access to #t via the nick NickX which is on the #t access
list [at level X]

The part in [] could be set to only be shown to users with a level equal to
or higher than X.

This would require a bit of list searching (not a very good thing) to find
the nickname the user is gaining access via. I need to look into this more.

o Forbidden Nick Enforcement.

I'll look at adding a set of commands that will allow one to force timed
events to execute immediately.

o Forbidden Nick Kill Time.

I'll make this a configurable setting in version 4.5 I'm trying to stop ALL
development of the 4.4 source tree in an effort to release a KNOWN stable
version of IRC Services that support Bahamut. All future development will
take place in 4.5.

Andrew