[IRCServices] Another Suggesstion

Joao Luis Marques Pinto Lamego at PTlink.net
Wed Jul 19 03:01:35 PDT 2000

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:52:42 Andrew Kempe wrote:
> Ok, this is in reply to all the posts :)
>
> o Linked nicks:
>
> I can add a WHY command to ChanServ so that you can see why a person has
> access to the channel (and maybe what access they have). The command would
> go something like:
>
> /msg chanserv why #chan joe
>
> -ChanServ- Joe has access to #t via the nick NickX which is on the #t access
> list [at level X]
>
> The part in [] could be set to only be shown to users with a level equal to
> or higher than X.
>
> This would require a bit of list searching (not a very good thing) to find
> the nickname the user is gaining access via. I need to look into this more.

This will take the same list searching of an access lookup when NickX joins or
uses any channel command on #t, however the LINKS OFF setting, would decrease
the searcing expense since it would just match against the effective nick.

> o Forbidden Nick Enforcement.
>
> I'll look at adding a set of commands that will allow one to force timed
> events to execute immediately.
>
> o Forbidden Nick Kill Time.
>
> I'll make this a configurable setting in version 4.5 I'm trying to stop ALL
> development of the 4.4 source tree in an effort to release a KNOWN stable
> version of IRC Services that support Bahamut. All future development will
> take place in 4.5.
>
> Andrew

Joao Luis Marques Pinto
PTlink Tech Admin