[IRCServices] Suspended Channels

&quot &quot
Sun Sep 17 07:03:06 PDT 2000

Well, as FORBID totally disallows a channel from being used or registered, you'd ideally want something inbetween standard operation and FORBID.

> Should a suspended channel:
> - allow users to join?
IMHO - Yes, FORBID stops users joining.

> - operate normally but prevent any setting or access-list changes from being
> made?
This would be a good thing to have, allows flexibility.

> - prevent changes from being made and not grant access as per the channel's
> access list?
I'm not too sure on this one, prevent changes from being made is a good one again, but if you go to all this trouble of suspending a chan, why not simply FORBID it?

> Would various levels of suspension be usefull? Would this be too confusing?
Now that would be a nice idea :c)

> Should this be a level-based or flag-based system?
Personally, I'd go for level-based...

E.g. Lev 1 - Chan Operates as normal except users on access list
which are given +o normally only get +v (or something) ...
Then go Lev 4 - Users can join chan, but access list is ignored, no settings can be changed etc...

Just my thoughts on it :c)

Quinn