[IRCServices] Suspended Channels

&quot &quot
Sun Sep 17 10:29:06 PDT 2000

<IMHO>

Suspended channels should act one of two ways:

1.) Acts like DALnet's  freeze command. This means that users can join the
channel, chat and act normally, but the channel acts as if it its modelocked
to +nt.
    a.) No channel ops or voice is allowed.
    b.) ChanServ ignores commands issued by access listed users including
ops, founders etc.
    c.) ChanServ still recognizes when founders identify so that channels
won't expire if the channel is suspended past the channel expirey date
unless the channel is not used for that time.

2.) ChanServ assumes ownership(acts as founder), modelocks the channel to
+mints. This should deny any and all access to the channel and/or any access
lists by ops and or founder. ChanServ ignores commands issued by access
listed users including ops, founders etc.

If suspend acts as #1, there wouldn't be a need for a freeze command as I
suggested earlier this year. This would "kill 2 birds with one stone". Not
only can the suspend command be used on channels that violate net policy,
but can also be used in a takeover until the REAL founder has regained
control. Services Ops should be able to set a channel as suspended (with a
really, really good reason), but only a Services Admin can remove. The
Services Op wouldn't have access to determine the real channel founder, due
to lack of access to other commands such as GETPASS.

</IHMO>

my $0.02,

Scott Seufert
aka katsklaw