[IRCServices] SGLINE

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Sun Feb 18 22:47:48 PST 2001

>On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Kelmar K. Firesun wrote:
>
>> I think this is why there are plans to modularize(sp?) the code so that
>> it will be easier in the future to support the daemon that your network
>> chooses.
>
>That'd be a great idea, that way all you build is the core code, then any
>"plugins" which would stand betweeen Services and possibly the socket code
>to the daemon, or perhaps directly to the daemon itself.
[...]
>My knowledge in actual coding for this is a bit lacking, but just throwing
>my thoughts of how I've seen stuff done elsewhere. :)  Andy?

     I'm still in the "experimentation" stage of this, so I can't say
much one way or the other, but dynamic loading of modules is definitely
one thing I'm looking at.  As it is, I haven't even tried putting my
experimental code into Services yet, so it's a bit early to say anything
one way or the other. (:

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.
    http://achurch.org/ | $B%a!<%k%"%I%l%9$,JQ$o$j$^$7$?!#(B