[IRCServices] Suggestion

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Sat Mar 17 12:26:00 PST 2001

>>Not if you add something to the nickname information that is a list of every
>>channel they have access to and what level with the channel. It wouldn't be
>>too hard to do, but it would increase database size. I'd rather have that
>>than a loop through the channel db anways.
>
>Wouldn't even have to increase db size, just RAM usage.  Simply keep a
>linked-list of channels attached to each nick, rebuild it when the db is
>loaded, and modify it when the chanserv info changes.  Simple and efficient.

     For the curious, this is exactly how LISTCHANS works now.  My concern
about doing this for all access list entries instead of just founders is the
amount of memory it would use.  I'll be doing some experiments in version 5.0
development, and I may end up putting this in as an optional module.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.
    http://achurch.org/ | メールアドレスが変わりました。