[IRCServices] Problems With TimeStamping On Bahamut-1.4.23

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat May 26 01:02:00 PDT 2001

Hello;

That means, you suggest services to record the servicesstamp field
for every online nickinfo structure to the database, and check it
against the online nicks servicesstamp, before setting the servicestamp
again.

The feature called servicestamps help ircservices to recover a user
after a netjoin. It is NOT designed to make users identified to
services after services is restarted. The only usage is:

you identify -> your server splits -> your server reconnects ->
you are still identified.

Services shall not save servicestamps into the database.
What if a user is totally new ? Its non existant servicestamp of 0
will be equal to the previous one of 0 (because nothing existed before)
so a user will be identified due to matching services stamps with
a value of 0.

Additionally, servicestamps do not have anything to do with timestamps.
Timestamp values define the signon time, and have nothing directly to
do with services.

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de  | in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |