AW: AW: AW: [IRCServices] Backup databases?

Duane Groth duane at groth.net
Tue Nov 13 23:00:23 PST 2001

Hello Georges,

  As I said originally, I would like to see this feature purely for a
  redundancy point of view, as I have a reasonably setup IRC network,
  the DNS probes the IRC servers and removes dead server
  automatically, I have the IRC servers each setup with multiple hubs,
  so in the event of any one hub dying there is redundancy to keep the
  network together, however I am unable to think of a suitable way of
  making services redundant, and in the event of failure of the
  primary server that it's linking into the network with, for whatever
  reason, a secondary will kick in, with read only, so that people can
  authenticate, but not change details, this is the only single point
  of failure on my network that requires manual intervention.

--
Best regards,
 Duane                            mailto:duane at groth.net