[IRCServices] mildly off topic?

Noam M. noam_m at bezeqint.net
Wed Nov 27 03:01:01 PST 2002

Dylan v.d Merwe wrote:

>Got a bit off course there... Unreal would be quite a big jump from
>Dreamforge. Dreamforge was a great ircd but is looking awfully dated
>compared to newer ircds around. Bahamut would probably be your best choice
>as it branched off from Dreamforge and is similar in a few ways. Bahamut,
>may I add, is also a brilliantly coded ircd.

I am not sure what you meant with "branched" but to be accurate,
bahamut's coders took hybrid5 as their core for the ircd, which makes
bahamut not "branched" off of dreamforge. however, I am certain
bahamut's coders took several pieces of code from dreamforge instead of
recoding it all into hybrid. I find bahamut to be more similar to hybrid
than to dreamforge.