[IRCServices] Help compiling under cygwin.

Mark Hetherington mark at ctcp.net
Thu Feb 6 14:15:02 PST 2003

Reid Nelsen wrote:
> Anyways, I have already tried to get it to compile but
> keep getting compile errors.  I don't remember the
> exact error (sorry).  I was just wondering if there
> were anyone out there that has successfully compiled
> ircservices under cygwin and how they did it.  Thanks
> so much for the awesome program and support.

Typing make from a cygwin shell would enable you to paste the exact error
without having to rely on memory.

The only issue I am aware of with compiling services under cygwin is that
convertdb does not compile successfully. You have to edit the makefile to
remove it from the build and installation to get a clean build. If this is
not your problem, then you will need to provide the exact error n the same
way you would for a similar problem under *nix.

HTH.
Mark.