[IRCServices] Major fizzer worm problem

CaliMonk calimonk at gmx.net
Wed May 14 09:52:14 PDT 2003

At 12:00 AM 5/15/2003 +0800, CPUMAN wrote:
>We run on Unreal on Serenia and are getting hit by hundreds of bots as well,
>we've just taken and made a bot that periodicly searchs for channels with
>these bots in it and takes over the channel, killing the bots in the
>process.  After which in enables a channel forward forcing all the bots into
>a main channel in which we can easily pick the rest off with scripts and
>such...
>
>The Fizzer worm's channels are easy to detect considering they always have
>the channel mode format of '+slk 1000 somerandomkey'.
>
>CPUMAN
>irc.serenia.net

There are large discussions running for this issue on other mailing lists,
this one is only for services :)

On an offtopic note, if you just make a bot to send a privmsg with 001ECHO
Any msg here to any connecting host you'll crash the IRC thread of the
trojan, it'll respawn and go to a diffrent network though.

---------------------------------------
CaliMonk
Network Administrator
Axenet IRC Network