[IRCServices] Small bug in Unreal3.2.1

Medice medice at gmx.at
Wed Jul 14 11:34:58 PDT 2004

Craig McLure wrote:
> I have found that services seems to enforce Channel mode +O on local opers.. I think that services doesnt react to the new Unreal settings allowing local opers in +O channels.

as far as i know, this is not a bug, but a feature (a rather senseless
one in my opinion)
the fact, that a user is local-op (umode +O) is NOT distributed on other
servers (including services) - try taking a look on remote local-ops -
they may have umode h and stuff, but you'll not find +O
don't know why this stuff is not globalized (same with effects of
snomasks...) it seems to be some kind of policy in doing so...
maybe call the unreal-coders ;) - not sending oper-info is certainly not
worthy for traffic-limitation, since there should only be a few opers
and their info-sets are supposed to be limited in the same way ;)

(maybe i leave a note on their bugtracker...)

greets
/medice