[IRCServices] +O overrideable by non-opers in UnrealIRCd netmerge

Medice medice at gmx.at
Sat Aug 14 15:04:45 PDT 2004

  > When a local oper opers up, there is nothing sent to the rest of the
> network. There is no way to do this - it has to be either a change to
> the IRCd to send local oper changes, or to upgrade the person to a full
> global oper.
>
> You should ideally not use the +O mode, and instead use invite-only with
> ChanServ - this way ChanServ will kick out any people not permitted in
> the channel if they somehow got in, and you don't need to bother with
> the other stuff. You could set +O as well, of course.
>
> Chris

well this is a flaw in unrealircd (a rather heavy one in my opinion) and
i don't think that any services-package out there should feel
responsible on react on other's flaws - maybe someone is coding a module
for this problem...
the whole localop-stuff on unrealircd is a real sh.. in my opinion - I
never understood why not distributing the local-op mode... any rights
should stay limited local - with or without propagating this mode. In my
opinion this is a designed desync... (usually everyone tries to avoid
and fight desyncs instead of designing them - strange isn't it?)

greets
/medice