[IRCServices] RE: my recent feature request

Craig McLure Craig at frostycoolslug.com
Tue Jan 11 20:52:38 PST 2005

heh, i think we are all still recovering from christmas, i've not seen
many posts here over that season.

I personally (and i think andy would have the same responce, i've gotten
to know him over the past few years), would shoot down this idea, it has
quite a large potential to be abused, if you write a patch, ensure only
specific IPs can issue the command, otherwise you will have users just
making scripts which periodicly register nicks, and you'll only become
suspicious when your nick.db is 3gigs big :p

My approach would be a seperate module, which deals with the command,
whether its an 'extention' to nickserv with a new command, or a
completly new service which manages it (The second is the method we used
for our web interface), that way, you could also publish your work, and
give the others the benifit of your experiance (but ofc, thats up to you).

As for a feature request 'process', just post ideas to the list, they
will be read over, if not responded too.

  *     Craig "FrostyCoolSlug" McLure
  *       Craig at FrostyCoolSlug.com
  * InspIRCd   - http://www.inspircd.org
  * ChatSpike  - http://www.chatspike.net