[IRCServices Coding] UnrealIRCd - PREFIX_AQ

FreakyComputer freakycomputer at global.co.za
Sat Dec 13 07:38:24 PST 2003

Actually, all it is, is that people with chumode +a and +q just get a symbol
in front of their nicks in the channel, ~ to owners and & protected users
(just like @ is to ops and % is to halfops). The thing about only receiving
the +q/a without the +o isn't a major thing, and there was just little
changes made to the unreal protocol (new_chanusermodes) to accomodate the
change of prefixes/symbol. But there is another thing I found. There isn't a
way for the founder/owner to set him/herself -q in the channel. We have
tried several things, such as with and without the new prefixes, with or
without identifying, everything. I would think the services would set -q
when the user issues a DEPROTECT command, but the services just say that the
user is already not a protected user, so if there can be a fix to that
command, or perhaps a new command: FOUNDER, DEFOUNDER, it might make it
easier for channels where some rule of "deopping yourself while offduty"
applies.

Thanks for the prompt replies thusfar :D
FC